Monday, September 16, 2013

SF: Must Eats

Some of the grandest pleasures of the world: laughing and dining with loved ones.

There are too many good restaurants in this city so here are the details on some of my favorite restaurants in San Francisco. The first of many being Ame.

For lucky Friday the 13th, we made last minute reservations for dinner. Fortunately we didn't run into Jason Voorhees, but we did have a frighteningly fabulous meal. Ame is located in the St. Regis Hotel and feels pretty low key/casual for a Michelin star restaurant. (Blog post on SF Michelin restaurants coming soon!) And as far as fusion goes, they do it right. The flavors stay true to their roots with very subtle new American/Western influence. I highly recommend giving this place a try. Great service, sleek decor, excellent food--a recipe for happy times!

Wall of sake at the entrance 

Heirloom tomato salad with burrata

 Amberjack crudo

 Taste of Ame Sashimi Bar

Broiled sake Alaskan cod

Everything we had was really tasty, but my favorites were the heirloom tomato salad, the cuttlefish noodles with uni from the sashimi bar, and lastly the broiled cod. I absolutely love heirloom tomatoes so this was a no brainer for me. One of the tomatoes were pickled and was perfect paired with the creamy burrata cheese. The fish had a fantastic broiled flavor and was cooked just right.

So as expected, it was just as good as the first time we dined here for Valentine's day earlier this year. Great place to take a date or have a nice dinner and chat with a few friends. I have to thank my wonderful bf for indulging me in my amateur foodie adventures.

I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend! Until next time...Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment